Noon

It's noon on Saturday and I have only left my tent twice to use the bathroom in the last 21 hours. It's still raining, not particularly hard, but quite cold. According to the navigation app I have 4 km until the trail enters forest and starts to improve. That's 4km of an icy full body car wash from extremely overgrown wet brush. It's not that far, but it also includes a waste deep but slow, ford, or so I'm told. So I'd be hypothermic by the end of it. And for what? To get closer to the start of the famous Skyline trail, which if I actually started, I'd miss all the scenery? I didn't expect to spend a day and a half in my tent, but I guess I have a book to read and can write emails to send later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42