Moose to Adolphus

Descended Colonel Creek, then climbed up Moose Creek in the mud all day. Some was a nice flood plain, other parts not so much. The pass itself was stupendous with wildflowers and glaciers, but also mosqies and a mom and cub griz. They were far away, so not threatening, but still probably not wise to hang out too long.

Descended from Moose Pass to the Smokey River, one of the tougher fords. I thought I'd have to camp there to cross in the morning but at 10pm it was doable. Split in two, but totally opaque. The second half started pushing me downstream, but it was only a step or two more and I was across. Kept pushing for a legit campsite, but unfortunately it doesn't have much in the way of bear storage. I'm planning to leave my food (I carry the bear proof ursack, but I'm sure hanging it too would make others feel better) for a quick down and back up to Robson tomorrow. Mountain in view. It's huge!

Also need to buy socks since a pair and a half fell off my pack yesterday while drying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42