Amwiski River

I think I'm spelling that right.

Fun morning in Field. Ate four entrees, pooped indoors three times, drank two beers. It almost feels like I'm cheating, I was suffering so little. On my way out of town I stopped in a park to dry out my tent and saw some litter containing a half used thing of wet wipes. Cool, free shower, I thought, and had a sponge bath while my tent dried.

This section started with a nice natural bridge over the powerful Kicking Horse river. Now I'm ascending the Amwiski on an old overgrown road. It's not the worst. Tomorrow is more of the same. Most of this section is not well maintained, plus there are a couple glacial fords to worry about.

One thing I've not been on this trip is warm at night. I have to wear my fleece jacket most nights, which I never did on the triple crown. I am using my Enlightened Equipment synthetic quilt, I think rates to thirty degrees, but I think I may splurge and get the Western Mountaineering down bag I've been coveting for so long. I like the EE quilt, and after Iceland thought that maybe synthentics (material: Apex) had finally caught up to down: magically not overheat on hot days, warm on cold days, and never clammy, all in the same bag. But now I recant that. Down is still better. You just have to keep it dry or you're dead.

Things I'd like to do later:
Learn the banjo
Learn Spanish
Run fast again (sub 3 hr marathon)

Song stuck in my head today:
Hello I Love You, The Doors

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run