Maude Lake

Wrote earlier today but thought I'd try nightly entries that upload when I get service. But now I'd rather be sleeping than typing.

The trail was nice today. After the frustratingly bad WiFi but nice ranger visitor center, I hitched back to the trail, walked on easy flat trail around the Kananaskis lakes, then up and over north K pass by Maude and Lawson lakes. Google them. So pretty. 

Met a nice hiking team called Sobo SAM (sisters and mother). They were having dinner at the pass and offered me some. They own a bison ranch and we talked about Ted Turner and I may or may not have nibbled on some of their homemade product.

Hope for a big day tomorrow so I can get to Banff early Wednesday and get back out in the same day. Kinda wish I hadn't sent stuff there so I could just resupply at the ski resort on trail but such is life when you a) don't like planning and b) dont have any time to do it anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run