Cataract, Jonas

Finally did a 50K+ day today. Started with the final climb up Cataract Pass entering Jasper NP. Then through a nice weird glacial lake and rock area, the climb up to Jonas Pass and over Jonas Shoulder, long and kind of boring/aggrivating descent on muddy horse trails to the Maligne Pass junction, and finished with a climb to Avalanche campsite, most of the way to Maligne Pass. 
Town of Jasper is 90km away, with maybe the last 10k on perhaps easy trails to town. How'd it get so close? I thought this was a long stretch. The guide does I think say things are further apart than the GPS app. But if I get in Saturday night, I have to stay Sunday night because I need to get stuff from the Post Office Monday, and it's maps not just food, so it's worth the wait. Plus I've been pushing pretty hard so it would be nice to have a lazy Sunday, assuming Jasper has a hostel or a good library.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42