Washington DC

I am in Washington DC now. I'm staying with my friend in Adams Morgan. I start work on Monday. I'm very happy to be reunited with my dog and my girlfriend. I had to buy a new wardrobe because almost all of my posessions are in storage, and I don't want to pay to pull them out more once, so I'm trying to buy a townhouse ASAP.

To distract myself from important work and life things:

1) Does anyone want to buy my size small ULA Epic? It's still in good shape after one  month of use in Alaska. I think the pack is well-designed, but I should have purchased a medium. If you wear a pack that's too small, the load lifter straps aren't effective, and you can't get the weight off your shoulders.

2) My Tarpent Contrail has met its maker after 8 or so years. Or at least the zipper has. (If you set up the shelter on a muddy/sandy glacier, just DO NOT use the zipper. It's too delicate for that kind of dirt!) If I buy something to replace it, what should it be? I'm interested in both 1 and 2-person UL shelters, most likely completely enclosed, since I am super wimpy about the noise from a single mosquito. If a 2-person, I could go for something spacious, since it'll probably be 2-people plus dog, whereas a 1-person could be true to size for one small (5' 5") person. Something Dyneema?

3) What do all the cool kids use for an ultralight pack these days? I'm honestly more of a ULA Circuit kind of guy, (meaning that I'm not super ultralight and prefer at least some frame in most of my packs), but I'd like a nice ultralight pack that's better than my ULA Conduit (an older model which is similar note what is now called the ULA CDT) which has removable, and hence quite floppy (bouncy if you run or walk too fast) hipbelt pockets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run