Kenai River

Lovely day on the Kenai. The lake was slow going this morning, so I pulled out at the power station. There's an access road, and I was thinking I'd just walk it, but then a truck rolled by right as I came to the junction and who wants to carry a heavy pack 10 miles on a hard gravel road when you could be rafting? So I caught the ride to Cooper Landing, bought some snacks, got some info on the river, and put in. The easy part from Cooper to Sportsman's Landing was easy. Camped just below there, tackling the canyon tomorrow. Trail I can walk if I don't feel comfortable running it. Saw several bald eagles and then three huge golden eagles. Huge, I tell ya. Sportsman's Landing is also a sight. So many fly fisherman. The river does stink a little with dead fish, but it's all good.

The weather has become fantastic. Clear skies last night, possibly again tonight. Come on Aurora Borealis! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42