Homer

I flew from Tustumena Lake to Homer today. I could have (a) continued on my original route, with seriously terrible bushwhacking, (b) found the map at the cabin last night and tried a potentially boring but easy but potentially almost endless bushwhack route down old house trails on the Funny River (c) run into the hunter with a boat I met and asked him for a ride, and he was willing or (d) kept my plans to fly out, since I didn't haveuch cell service to cancel anyway. I went with D. The views were even better than I imagined.

Homer is a cool, funky little town with an odd mix of tourists, fishermen, and outdoorsy types, but a bit too spread out.

What next? I don't know. I have to be in DC to start work on the 17th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run