Jeebus

4 mfing miles as the crow flies. Descent to Benjamin Creek difficult. Found game trail, tried to take it upstream to get above cofluence and avoid the canyon below. (This definitely would have been a good idea on the day I floated the Yanert and had to deal with Dick Creek to get there.) However, the game trail improved, and when I gave up and headed downstream, and eventually hit Benjamin Creek downstream of the canyon, the creek was chill and pretty easy to cross. Then I crossed and went upstream on Killey River, and didn't really know where would be best to ascend to the alpine. All I know is a creek way on the other side that I'm aiming for, but not what drainage or anything to take to get there, and everything is steep and brushy. After a false start, I chose the least steep contour lines I could find, and eventually found a game trail, which I named Hallelujah Game Trail. But it ended at a small knoll, and I'm not really above treeline yet, unfortunately. More bushwhacking tomorrow. And I don't have enough water to cook tonight. And it might rain.

Today was hard. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run