Hope, Alaska

Seward to Hope done. Had a nice campsite near Resurrection Pass last night, easy day over the pass and down today. The pass was nice, but mellow. Nothing too exciting, but mostly clear skies. It wasn't all under tree cover, but some. My feet hurt a little, especially on the hard gravel road into town from the trailhead. Hope is small. I stopped at a diner ("Food on Second") for some sandwiches, and the bar has live bluegrass tonight. 

I could camp at the bar for $10, or just stealth somewhere. I need to hit the PO, and then hitch to a real grocery store tomorrow. I had 12+ days of food when I was in Denali, but I planned poorly and sent a bunch of it home instead of here to Hope. Oh well, it's only money and time!

Pleasantly surprised to actually get data reception on my phone here. I only just now realized that Google Fi is just the best of Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular, not Verizon or AT&T. So mostly I don't get any data service.

John and Daisy have gone to the Sierras. I'm tempted to fly to Phoenix And do AZT or GET miles, since my pack could be light and it would be easy, but I'm here, and the weather forecast is actually extraordinary for the next 10 days, so that's silly. Any packrafting suggestions on the Kenai peninsula? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42