Juneau Creek

Possibly my biggest mileage day in Alaska so far, given that I was on maintened trail all day. 
Passed the second big lake, and hit the halfway point of this section. We're all pretty bored with this section (under the trees, views not great) and John and Daisy decided they were done. Off to the Kings Basin High Route for them. I need to get my raft from the Hope Post Office by Saturday at 1:30, so I kept on. The Resurrection Pass half of the hike immediately started being a bit more interesting. Lakes, and the trail isn't all under tree cover. Still very mellow, but less boring. I got most of the way to the pass. May not make Friday PO hours, but definitely should make Saturday. Then Hope to Homer? Or...? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42