Sep 10 I don't know

We're somewhere, I guess. Walked jeep roads all day. Left the Colorado, went over Hurrah Pass, then back down to the Colorado. Had to stock up on water there because the next few sources are unreliable. It took us three tries to get to the river, and the third time still involved bushwhacking and me hopping off a large cutbank onto a dirt clod barely hanging on, lying down and extending my arm all the way to barely be able to reach the water, Nano 4 or 5 feet above me filling our platy bladders one at a time from the bottle I handed him, while I hung on to a plant root bunch that felt secure-ish. Jeeeezus. We took a picture but I look fat and bald in it and you can't tell how precarious it was.

So then with 5L of water and 6 days of food our packs were heavy as hell. At least we passed a Ford Bronco trying to get up a steep and rocky stretch of trail. The first 3/4 of today were just full of Jeeps and UTV, not my favorite. There is an alternative way around that avoids the pass and the cars and stays closer to the Colorado, so I'd probably suggest that. You do miss a good spring early on in the road section.

Now I'm in my tarp. The inside is caked with sand because it was a little moist and I didn't put out my groundsheet first when setting it up. Now I'm scared to use the zipper. My butt is also full of sand (or sweat and salt, because it's chafing pretty bad) and I just popped three large blisters. 

Quick, think of something I'm grateful for...my thermarest hasn't popped and  neither has my pillow. Oh, and peanut butter M&M's. (I'm only vegetarian not vegan on long trails.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42