UTMDouble #2

I slept for another 17 hours with a little break for breakfast and a shower, and now Lucas' mom Jan and I are on the train to Cham from Les Houches. I need to turn in my drop bag and then line up, and that's it.

Hopefully this 6pm start will go better than my first two (Grindstone and Standhope). I think sleeping until 1 pm is my best hope.

Yesterday I checked in, was given my empty drop bag, bought some ultralight waterproof over mitts and extra water capacity to try and lighten my pack and meet the extra "heat kit" requirements. 

(There are numerous specific gear requirements. I didn't game/optimize as much as I should have. Panty hose and surgical gloves as tights and waterproof gloves, etc. More on that in a future post, perhaps.)

Anyway nothing much to report yet, just trying to stay out of the sun until the 6pm start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

Should I run UTMB?

Hardrock 34:42