UTMDouble #1

I'm in Les Houches, France, getting ready to run the UTMB 100-Miler (actually 106). I took a red-eye Sunday night from Reno to Denver to DC. Then Tuesday I took a red-eye from DC to Geneva. Scott Jurek was in business class on my flight, and the lady I say next to was a runner's mom headed to crew him.

I took trains from Geneva airport to Geneva downtown to St Gervais Les Bains La Fayet to Les Houches, all with under five minutes to spare for transfers (man, Europe is so civilized).

I couldn't check in yet, so I headed up to Chamonix, which is quite a zoo this week, and watched TDS runners finish, and scoped out where I would need to go for check-in, but also was so exhausted that I collapsed and napped in the grass for a bit. 

Finally I checked into my room and went to bed around 5pm. I woke up multiple times, but thankfully I slept mostly well FOR 16-17 HOURS! 

Snuck in under the wire for breakfast, and now I'm headed to check in.

It's hot this weekend, so the extra "heat kit" is activated, so technically I'm required to carry even *more* gear, which I may have to buy today. 

The gear requirements and logistics are a little annoying, but not a huge deal. Mont Blanc is enormous, and it seems a little silly to run around it, but oh well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

Should I run UTMB?

Hardrock 34:42