Photos, Book Reviews

More photos from my roadtrip are available here.

I tried (and failed) to read several books lately.
Hell's Angels by Hunter S. Thompson. Repetitive and uninformative.
The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water by Charles Fishman. Alarmist and disjoint.
Audio: The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon. Boring story plus over-the-top reading make this unlistenable.
Audio: The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver. This book is Forrest Gump for sappy leftists. Don't get me wrong, I love Barbara Kingsolver (and Jane Austen) as much as any self-respecting straight man can, and I'm definitely a leftist, but this book is a huge disappointment. I'll probably actually finish it, but doing so will be quite burdensome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run