A Test, Mostly

This is mostly just a test-post to see if the new feed-burning works.

I didn't get into Hardrock. I'm 189th on the waiting list, which means every single current runner would have to drop and then some, so I'm taking that as a big negatory/negatron. On the plus side, the fact that I'm even on the waiting list is proof that my alternative entry (CDT yo-yo as opposed to having finished a major mountainous 100-miler in the past two years) was accepted.

I'm still waiting on Wasatch. The drawing is in four days, and based on the number of spots, guaranteeds, and lottery entrants, I think I've got less than a 50% chance of getting it. If I don't get in there, I might have to look into a new race, the DRTE 100, outside Santa Barbara in October. It'd be easier to get to, I have an ultra-running friend in the area, and I wouldn't have to acclimatize.

So what am I going to be doing in July instead of running Hardrock? Let me ignore that question and go run some regressions in Stata. I picked up a cool method off the listserver to use the outreg command inside a foreach loop without causing file writing errors. Exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run