UTMDouble No More

UTMR was supposed to be 170km and start at 4AM Thursday. Then the weather at the pass and glacier crossing to Italy (Theodul Pass) was forecast to be too bad, so the race was delayed to Friday at 6:30AM (then 4AM) and rerouted to just be in the Zermatt and Saas valleys, and 132km.

Just now, we've been told the Saas valley is cut off completely. The race is not starting Friday. It *might* start Saturday. 

My flight home is Monday morning from Geneva. The weather is supposed to be good Friday and Saturday, bad again Sunday.

A few of us in the race group accommodations might do the Zermatt out and back tomorrow (Friday). 

What to do? This sucks. I'm glad I'm not a high elevation mountain climber--waiting out storms is a bitch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

Should I run UTMB?

Hardrock 34:42