Golden Trout Wilderness

If I haven't told you already, we're moving to Reno. Moving is stressful. Trying to find renters or a decent property manager for short term rentals is stressful. My work is making noise like I may have to go back to DC, despite the new agreement with the union, so that's stressful. Summer heat really kicked in in the desert so it's hard to do long runs, or sometimes any runs at all. So this week was rough. 

But I took off with Margo and George to the Sierra for the long weekend. (Amy is out of town.) We headed to Horseshoe Meadows and went over Cottonwood Pass to see a bunch of the Golden Trout Wilderness that is new to me. After the first four miles we didn't see a soul. We just finished a 50K and are camped at over 10,000 feet on the shoulder of Kern Peak. Hope we don't freeze tonight!

Oh, yes, you read that right, both my dogs did a 31 mile day. I love these two! Margo carried the dog food backpack most of the day and was a pro. George was a big baby when I made him wear the dog pack, but he got over it. 

I have to look at the map and do some math, but we may try and do about the same tomorrow. If we can stay warm and have enough food we'll come out on Monday the 4th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42