My 2022 Race Schedule

Alright, here are the races I'm planning to run this year. For whatever reason I've really got my mind set on Tor this year, but it's lottery-dependent. I'm told I can buy/charity-donate my way in if I don't get picked, though. It's time for another 200-miler, and a gorgeous one in Italy that was Lucas' favorite sounds like a good one. It's also time for the pandemic to be over so I can get back out there for a full year of racing, plus international travel, and maybe a couple concerts. So obviously this plan is full of contingencies.

Sunrise

Bold=already registered 

*=Western States qualifier 

January 23: Calico 50K 

February 5: Sean O’Brien 100K* 
February 26: Yucca Valley 5K (ha!)

March 8-10: Barkley (waitlist, very unlikely) 

April 3: Cherry Blossom 10 Miler
April 7-10: Istria 100M (Croatia, currently unlikely to actually do this.) 

May 7: Wild Wild West Marathon/50M (Lone Pine, unlikely due to travel plans)
May 21: Bishop High Sierra 50M/100K 

June 3: San Diego 100* 

July 22-24: Standhope ID 100 (This looks awesome. I believe it's the first year, though they have been doing shorter distances for a while.)

August 19-20: Kodiak 100 (Big Bear, CA)
August 26-Sep 2: Swisspeaks 360K (only if I don't get into Tor des Geants)  

September 9-18: Tor des Geants (Courmayeur, IT–February lottery)
September 17, 2022: Barkley Fall Classic (I'm already in but I'll probably bail in favor of Tor.) 

October 15: Euchre Bar Massacre (This one's mandatory.) 

November 6: NYC Marathon (lottery mid January, acceptance unlikely)
November 12: Revel Big Bear Marathon (silly downhill road marathon) 

December 3: OTHTC 50K (Ridgecrest)
December 10: Hellgate* (Lottery/application. Western States qualifier for 2024.)

I'll only do one each of the November and December races. So maybe that'll be 11 races, not including the 5K held two blocks from my house. Also, if you're into transparent and reproducible coding, I ran the lottery for the 2022 High Lonesome 100. The website/app is here, and the code is on GitHub here.

Sunset 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run