2020 Race Schedule

Here's my list of races for 2020.

I'm starting off the year with some short road races put on by DC Road Runners. I ran the Al Lewis 10-miler in 69:40 yesterday. That's not nearly as good as 2019 Cherry Blossom, but I did do sub 7's, which seems decent for not having done one single ounce of speed work since the Turkey Trot. Hopefully these low-key races will both inspire me to do serious speed work and act as speed training themselves, so that I can do well in March at a local 50K and the DC Rock and Roll Marathon. (I'm not sold on or signed up for either of those yet--if there is another comparable area marathon in March I could be convinced to do that instead.)


April I take off on the Hayduke Trail.  May I'll come back and will hopefully have lots of time on my feet as training for the Capital Backyard last person standing race. I suspect I may die of chafing, but if I can keep that in check, I think I can do very well at a last person standing race.

June & July: I was thinking for a while I'd do the Highlands Sky 40 in West Virginia, and my reaction to my long night at High Lonesome 100 (and Massanutten and Grindstone before that) was that I wanted to do fewer hundreds. But I can't help myself, and I hate the summer weather out east, so I'm tempted to fly out west and do the Black Hills 100 in South Dakota. July I don't have anything planned but I'm tempted by the Palisades 100 in Idaho and the Wyoming Range 100 in August. Hopefully I'll only sign up for one of these, and only two 100-milers for the year.

August there's an unofficial offtrail run in Desolation that I've been meaning to do for years.

September I will hopefully get into the Superior 100 and get my Western States qualifier for the year. I put in for the lottery and will find out this coming week. If I don't get in, maybe Pinhoti in November or Arkansas Traveler in October.

October I'll go get my butt kicked by Euchre Bar Massacre.

November and December I'll try for two of Horton's races and gf and I will probably do the Richmond Marathon again.

Just before the start of the 10-miler yesterday

Bold indicates higher interest. *=Western States qualifier.

DC Road Runners Events

    Al Lewis 10 Miler, January 11

    JFK 20K & MLK 5K, January 18

    Langley 8K, February 8

    Club Challenge 10 Miler, February 23 (tentative)

    Burke Lake 12K, March 1

    Fort Hunt 10K, March 8

March 7, 2020 Seneca Creek Greenway 50K

March 28, 2020 DC Rock and Roll Marathon



May 23, 2020 Capital Backyard



June 20, 2020 Highlands Sky 40-Miler (Reg opens Feb 2)

June 26, 2020 Black Hills 100, South Dakota

June 27, 2020 Manitou’s Revenge 54-miler, NY


July DCRR Track Mile


August 9: Ute 100 (about to fill up)

August 8, 2020: Eastern States 100*

August 17-18: Desolate Peaks

Aug 22: Twisted Branch 100K*


September 11, 2020: Superior 100* (Lottery opens Jan 1)

September 12-13, 2020 : Mogollon Monster 100

September 19, 2020: Barkley Fall Classic


October 3-4?: Arkansas Traveler 100*

October 12: Euchre Bar Massacre


[Election Day Tuesday Nov 3]
November 7: Pinhoti 100*

November 7: Mountain Masochist (MMTR) 50 (opens May 1)

November 14: Richmond Marathon


December 12?: Hellgate* (Lottery/application. NB: Qualifier for following year WSER)





Thoughts? Anybody want to join me? What am I forgetting/doing wrong?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42