It's Tuesday, I'm back in Berkeley, and I just ran my first Hardrock last Friday/Saturday in 34:42. I wanted to record thoughts immediately after the experience, because it was hard , and now that it's been a few days, I'm already forgetting the pain. [I don't want kids, so you'll have to insert your own reference to childbearing here if you so desire.] Start The race started at 6AM. I slept reasonably well the night before in my truck just behind the school gym where the race starts--Silverton is very low key, so it's easy to dirtbag inside the city limits. I did, however, have a bit of GI non-normality, but it didn't seem like a big deal. I started in shorts, T-shirt, and a windshirt. As expected, the windshirt soon became too warm, likely because of the clouds that were obviously going to bring rain sooner rather than later. First Climb I started maybe 30-40 deep in the field, going faster than I'd ever climbed in training, but not feel...
Must have fun. No regressions. No sleep, only fun!
ReplyDeleteNo one will allow you to be a stick in the mud this weekend. I'll look for you at the kickoff..which may be tricky as we have never met...
ReplyDeleteComet
NITRO, aren't you the person who's mantra is something about the greatest cause of disappointment in life being giving up what you really want long-term for short-term fun?
ReplyDeleteAlso, yes, I am in fact sitting at the campground right now, mooching wireless access from somewhere.
NITRO, aren't you the person who's mantra is something about the greatest cause of disappointment in life being giving up what you really want long-term for short-term fun?
ReplyDeleteAlso, yes, I am in fact sitting at the campground right now, mooching wireless access from somewhere.
Two more hours of work...then heading south to ADZ!
ReplyDeleteDear The Onion,
ReplyDeleteYes, I am. Your regressions are not that important to me...having fun is. That being said, I still want you to do well with regressions. I'd also like to note that I went to sleep early saturday night and you went to the cabins.