Yesterday Was Saturday

I spent the last few days in Truckee having a great "what the hell am I doing in grad school?" time climbing Castle Peak, hiking through abandoned train snow-sheds, and attending the Pacific Crest Trail Association's TrailFest. In the 6 years since I've hiked the AT, I'd never once been to any of the typical hiker parties. This wasn't quite the hiker-reunion I'd hoped it would be, although it was fun and I did see several hikers I hadn't seen in a while. Hopefully I'll also be able to make it to the PCT kickoff (AKA the ADZPCTKO) or the ALDHA-West Gathering (AKA the ALDHA-West Gathering) this year.

My friend approaching a false summit.

Me on the summit.

On the PCT just south of Castle Pass.

Now I'm back in Berkeley. I puked this morning, and now I have to grade a bunch of papers. Sweet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42