Nearest Neighbor Matching

I finished reading Eric Ryback's The High Adventures of Eric Ryback. Ryback thru-hiked the PCT as an eighteen year-old in 1971. It's a crazy experience to be trudging across an endless high-altitude snowfield, getting cold and wet from postholing up to your hips every third step, cursing the day you were born and screaming angry expletives at the top of your lungs until your voice is gone, and yet, at the end of they day, loving it all and thinking there's nowhere you'd rather be and nothing you'd rather be doing, and Ryback does the best job of capturing that beautiful dichotomy of any hiking book I've read.

Man on Wire is a great happiness-inducing live-life-to-the-fullest movie. Season four of The Wire is good, but I think there are too many characters at this point, so we spend all our time just keeping up with everyone 30 seconds at a time instead of seeing characters in-depth. Freaks and Geeks is amazing, and makes me wish I hadn't waited till grad school to become a slacker.

I think I may have found 3 profs that don't hate my baseball idea. Maybe orals might actually happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run