OK, Let's Go!

To answer my own question from last time, I signed for UTMB. And UTMR. Yes, they're only six days apart. It'll be fun.

Right now I'm more anxious about Orcas 100, which I'm running this weekend. Should I bring my newer small pack or my larger worn out old pack? 

Why haven't I bought a replacement larger pack yet? Because nobody makes anything to carry hard-sided bottles anymore and I like hard-sided bottles because they're larger and insulated.

Why do I get nervous before races lately, despite having run more than 100 ultras? I don't know.

Orcas, Paiute Meadows 50K, Scout Mountain, TRT, UTMB, UTMR

I've been training quite consistently, if not especially hard. I've run 475 miles so far this year, a minimum of two every day, and more than 60 every week, except for last week when I was tapering and ran 45 or so. I've had almost no alcohol this month, and I've been fairly good (but not great) about mixing in hamstring exercises. My hamstring felt fine for a while, but a moderately fast road run set it off again. My longest training run was 40 miles with 16,000 feet of vertical on Groundhog Day weekend as part of Loopfest. (I'd intended to go to the Bay Area and join my friends, but weather prevented driving over the pass.)

In sum, I'm feeling pretty good about the race. I'm not intending to break any land speed records, nor PR's but I'm happy to feel like I have a good base this early in the year, and I'd like to see how long I can keep building. Maybe at some point I'll actually put together a training schedule and try and run fast.

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42