Zane Grey 50

I ran the Zane Grey 50-miler in Arizona on Saturday. It was rough, and having a conference at UC Davis, a flight delay, and under five hours of sleep the night before didn't really help. But it was very pretty, so I still had fun. Except for miles 33-46. Those sort of sucked. It was my slowest 50-miler tim in a decade or so, but Zane Grey is maybe top 3 or top 5 hardest 50's.

I didn't carry my camera, so these photos are from the Mazatzal Wilderness, where I spent Sunday on a short backpacking trip before flying home early Monday.
Monday Morning

Couldn't get it to focus without using my flashlight





Hey bear.





What am I? I look like a stink bug in water.

Someday, maybe


Zane Grey Finisher Prize




Look that relief on that terrain map. The Mogollon Rim.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run