Mývatn

Greetings. Nano and I are in Mývatn for the night, waiting to get my food box from the post office tomorrow morning. There's a campsite right next to a beautiful lake, and ideally a place to watch the World Cup game too.

We started from Húsavík and walked east to a great waterfall, Dettifoss, then south and west. We wanted to start at the very northern tip of the island, but we couldn't get a hitch, and we were chomping at the bit to start. I explored the northern fjord near Grenivik before Nano got here, so I think I got the gist of things, though I didn't see any puffins, unfortunately.

We're heading south next, with our next resupply at Nýidalur, in hopefully 4-5 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run

Hardrock 34:42