Remote

A few weeks ago around the time I was running 20 miles in urban North Philly on a paved bike path (with occasional unpaved horse trails on the side) with Mark, I came across a few things about the most remote place in each state/the US. North Philly, they are not.
  • A Dirtbag Diaries podcast about a couple visiting the most remote spot in each state. The couple's website, Project Remote
  •  The Bedrock & Paradox guy wrote a post on remoteness and different ways to measure it shortly before that. 
By some of the common definitions for the lower 48 (from a road, county with the fewest roads) I got pretty darn close to on my CDT hike. But not so much in the last few years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run