24-Hour Races in the NYT

I don't think the article is that good, but here it is. It's about this paved, hot and humid race in Philly. Which I guess has a fairly large field as far as these things go; but I just read that on the course website, not in the mediocre article. The loop is the standard 8.4-mile running loop in downtown Philly. It's nice for an urban river trail. But like I said, it's paved, flat, and run in July in Philly, so I have no desire to ever do it.

This week I did become overwhelmed with a sudden desire to run Badwater next year, however.

UPDATE: Mr B and I walked over to the race to cheer on the runners, only to discover that the whole thing had been cancelled due to the heat. From the 20in24.com race website:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run