Run Log January 28-February 3

70.1 miles for the week. Low mileage Monday and Tuesday thanks to icy roads, but 10 and 13 on Wednesday and Friday (non-teaching days), and 17 and 18 yesterday and today. Yesterday I just ran in Crum, but a local running partner and I met up halfway through, so it basically felt like I'd gotten reinforcements, and doing loops enough times to get my mileage was no problem. (It's usually a little boring to run enough loops in Crum to get more than 10 miles.) Today I had a friend in Philly with me for just the start, but it was pretty easy to get the mileage since I was doing an out and back and wanted to get to the Wissahickon, since I'd never connected Kelly to the park before.
 
I'm running a 50K next Sunday in the Marin Headlands while gf and Gazelle run a half marathon. I'm going to be pretty upset if I don't break 5 hours. There's a 4% climbing grade, which is pretty nuts, but I think it's equally nuts that I have yet to break 5 hours. 31 9:40's. I can do that.
The 18 miles made George pretty chill for the Super Bowl party. He also scored a yak bone (yes, yak) and chicken scraps, so I think he had a good time.

Bridge in the Wissahickon
Other random thoughts: World War Z is not that great a book, but The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is astonishingly good. Drown, also by Junot Diaz, is a bit of a letdown by comparison. I don't have time to read much anymore, but I'm running enough that I'm all caught up on podcasts and throw in books on tape (both of the Diaz).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run