Home is where the East Bay is.

After 30 days on the road, I've now arrived "home" in Kakamega. After nights in Busia, Nairobi, Philadelphia, Oakland, Santa Cruz, Oakland, Riverside, Santa Monica, Geneva, Lausanne, Zermatt, Lauterbrunnen, Geneva, and Nairobi, I'm ready to stop moving for a bit. The Switzerland trip was awesome, and I'll post photos soon, but I should probably stop comparing bits of life there (public transit, mountain views, quality of hotel breakfasts, taxi drivers accosting you at transit stations) to their counterparts in Kenya before I get depressed. I'd also like to congratulate Delta Airlines for royally screwing up plane tickets not even on their airline (they were on KLM); they'll be hearing from me about it. I should get to work, there's a lot to do on the project before the pilot study interventions gets delivered in a couple weeks. I also need to head back to Busia this weekend and pick up my dogs and my motorcycle.

For a quick bit of hiking joy, watch this video on the JMT.

Almost There - The Muir Project from The Muir Project on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run