Back to Normal

Now that I warmed your heart with some animal photos, who's up for some good old fashioned cynicism? You know I am. So much so that at lunch I rattled off my favorite talking points: (1) life is meaningless, (2) all organizations are corrupt, (3) even if development worked, higher GDP doesn't make people any happier, so what's the point?

To get a little more specific, the government is trying to weaken the FOIA.
https://www.propublica.org/article/government-could-hide-existence-of-records-under-foia-rule-proposal

And Mississippi wants to send women and doctors to jail for using IUD's.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/26/us/politics/personhood-amendments-would-ban-nearly-all-abortions.html

Oh, and there's this:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/25/BAUB1LLTC9.DTL

Looking forward to a long motorcycle ride this weekend.

Comments

  1. It's 4am and I can't sleep. Now I'm angry and afraid after reading your links, especially about the abortion bill article. I had the pleasure of working at Flora Tuesday night. About a thousand protesters marched past twice, which I initially thought was pretty neat until some of them started yelling at our customers and the tensions mounted. I had no idea that there had been any police violence until the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one of those links were more disturbing than the last. The one that made me the most angry was the abortion story. It's so funny how the conservatives that support this, who live by their don't-tread-on-my-rights mantra, don't see how this is the ultimate invasion of personal rights.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run