Dog Fence Garden Sunburn

The road looked like this for a long time

Then they finally fixed it.

My housemate's water tank project. The solution: use washers!

The parking lot/swimming pool

The M/Th used clothing market

The veggie/fish market

They demanded I take their picture.

The only road in town

The new bike lane

Mobile sales force

I learned to ride a motorcycle. I plan to head to Kisumu this weekend and buy one. I built a fence to keep the dogs out of the trash. I commissioned a compost bin from the carpenter. Mack and George get along great, much to the chagrin of discarded shoes. I made stationery from beer labels attached with water-soluble glue. I planted a garden of sweet corn, broccoli, zucchini, beets, and chard. Of course I got stupid sunburnt, you don't even have to ask.

Lastly, Crossing to Safety was brilliant, and I want to make babies with Wallace Stegner's prose:
"In my experience, the world's happiest man is a young professor building bookcases, and the world's most contented couple is composed of that young professor and his wife, in love, employed, at the bottom of a depression from which it is impossible to fall further, and entering on their first year as full adults, not preparing any longer but finally into their lives."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run