Book Review

Finished reading Dexter Filkin's "The Forever War." It won all sorts
of awards, so I was looking forward to it. I had no desire to read a
blow by blow account of Bush's horrible decisions surrounding the war
in Iraq, but this was just a personal on-the-ground account from an
NYT reporter whose Fresh Air interviews I like, so it had potential.
Unfortunately, it turned out to be a bunch of short unrelated
anecdotes in random order. Some of the anecdotes are touching and
engaging, but I got pretty tired of jumping around in time and space
and basically not learning anything.

Feeling better today, and feeling like I need to get out of town this
weekend. Might just ride my bike south and try to make it to the lake
at Sio Port, or maybe I'll just go to Kisumu to get away from
everybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run