Tim DeChristopher

Tim DeChristopher's going to jail for 2 years for protesting (invalid) BLM oil & gas leases. He wasn't allowed to argue much of any defense in court. Read his statement before sentencing.

"I am here today because I have chosen to protect the people locked out of the system over the profits of the corporations running the system. I say this not because I want your mercy, but because I want you to join me."

Read what Terry Tempest Williams wrote about the trial.
Get sent to jail in a few weeks in Washington, D.C. by protesting the tar sands pipeline, which Jim Hansen says would be "essentially game over for the climate."
I believe that Peaceful Uprising is the org Tim set up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run