Signatures

Do not congratulate me yet--I haven't gotten the official lollipop of approval from the lady in Sproul Hall yet, but I uploaded my dissertation to ProQuest, and I have submitted the form with the signatures of final approval from my adviser and other committee members.

In other news, I have a cold. I also thought I had a cavity, but the dentist said that too was also just my cold. I am hoping I'll be better in time for the PCT 50 outside San Diego this Saturday, but I can't guarantee it.

ADZPCTKO was awesome as usual. Mattress and Heinz were sorely missed this year, but Ducky, Nano, Nitro, and I were keeping hope alive.

Thanks to the high precipitation winter, the wildflowers are crazy this year.

I used the day on Saturday to go scout out some of the San Diego 100 course in Anza Borrego and Cuyamaca Rancho State Parks. Gorgeous.

Representing.

I rode the train home on Monday from San Diego to Emeryville. I didn't think it's as pretty as other routes I've taken. Maybe that's because I'm a mountains guy and not an ocean guy, but that's also partly due to the fact that I felt I was going to die from the common cold the whole 15-hour ride.


I also went to DC again last week, then spent the weekend at one of my best friend from high school's wedding in NYC. Unfortunately I was sick and just slept for a lot of the weekend, but I saw a matinee of the musical The Book of Mormon, which if you know anything about the plot and my life, is pretty much perfect for me. It was quite funny, but I thought it lagged in the middle and I didn't really like Josh Gad. Andrew Rannells is quite good as the other main missionary though. The wedding was cool in a specifically NYC sort of way: the ceremony on a public peer in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, a random young Hasid coming up to congratulate the bride's grandfather the instant the glass was smashed, and taking the subway en masse from the ceremony to the reception.

I'll post on the secret blog again today too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run