The Runs

Marcus had a layover from 8PM to 6AM the next day, so we went on a long night trailrun through Tilden. Mostly my innards were trying to explode so I just sat and dry-heaved while M swam in Lake Anza at 3AM. M also provided a wonderful epiphany--since I'm a cynic and believe that all organizations are corrupt and the system is rigged and will always be so, my best chance for lasting happiness is to become evil and abuse the rigged system. Previously I'd thought my best option was to live in a remote cabin and chop my own firewood.

Yesterday I started to run all 136 sets of urban paths/stairs in the Berkeley hills. I got about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through in 3 hours and realized it was pretty boring, so I bailed. Too much backtracking and pavement and stuff. Pretty great stair workout though.

I finished reading Ted Conover's Rolling Nowhere, about a college anthro major who rode the rails to see what it was like. Apparently all hobos are short-tempered violent racist toothless alcoholic thieving welfare mooches. Way to shatter my dreams, Ted.

Toy Story 3 is amazing. I cried, of course.

A decent Salon article about a family biking from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego.

Comments

  1. i'm glad toy story can make you cry.
    see you at the big wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run