A Hundred?

Something didn't work out like I'd hoped today, so I listened to Rage's Killing in the Name of, then fueled by a fresh dose of self-loathing left the office for an awesome 3 hours in the hills--up to the top, down to Orinda, and back. It's been far too long since I've run there; I live too far west now, so I need to get back in the habit of going from school so I can hit the hills nearly every day. The run was fantastic, so I'm sort of thinking about running the Headlands Hundred in a week and a half. I haven't been training, but since when has that stopped me? The course has changed slightly since last year, but it's still 4x25-mile loops, which doesn't excite me, nor does the $200 entry fee (despite my interviewing today for a one-day GSI training gig in August that pays $200). We shall see. I've got an open weekend, so maybe I'll do a long run and see how I feel.

Today was also the last of my 5 REI presentations. They were a pretty good experience. By that I mean people laughed at most of my jokes. I didn't get any numbers from intelligent outdoorsy atheist liberal chicks, so in that sense they were a failure, but in that sense my whole life has been a failure, so I'm inured to that.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run