Mail from the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda

Remember this? Well, it came in the mail today. $503.

Looks like I'll be heading down to the walk-in court next week. The notice says something about the possibility of a "guilty 'with an explanation' plea and requests for work instead of fines," which sounds like a good approach to take. What do you think of the following arguments in my defense?

1. I ran the light when I was late for my volunteer after-school tutoring gig at the Oakland Public Library.

2. The fine for biking under the influence is only $250, and that has to be worse than what I did, so at the very least my fine should be lowered.

3. The infraction took place on the east side of the intersection, and the officer circled south on the citation.

4. Since then, I actually stop and wait for lights to change, even if there's clearly nobody coming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run