I am the Antman

Francis Tapon and I and our CDT yo-yos are the subject of a feature article ("The Onion vs. Mr. Magoo") in the June issue of Backpacker magazine. (backpacker.com's correlation with the print magazine is subject to long and variable lags, so you might have to hit the bookstore.)

Funniest part: "Garret was born knowing that he was the smartest person in the world," says his mother Kathy Christensen.

Worst part: The intro page consists of separate photos of me and Francis against black backdrops, but the entire page is black so you can't tell we're not really standing right next to each other. I'm standing up and Francis is crouching, only in print we're pretty much the same size--meaning I look the size of the Antman or the Brownies from the movie Willow. Yeh, that'll do wonders for my Napoleon Complex.

Comments

  1. i've been telling everyone i've seen since last night to read the article about you. it's wicked awesome, gar. congrats. glad i got to hear you read it for the first time. your mom's quote is spot on. that's my favorite part. you're a superstar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:50 PM

    I didn't even notice that you might be an Antman. So don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to go check out the article. as cool as it is that they featured one of my good friend's big accomplishments, i'm admittedly most excited to see the brownie photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run