50K, SchmiftyK

I ran my first race with Pacific Coast Trail Runs in a while, the Sequoia 50K . I used to volunteer and run with them as much as possible, but now that I both don't have a car and have to work most weekends, I haven't been able to run with them since getting back. This race is one of the closest to my house, in the Oakland hills, so I definitely wanted to do it, but I still didn't have a good way to get there, so I decided to run. I biked about 4 miles to where the trails start near campus, then ran 9 or 10 miles south along the ridge to get to the starting line. I left my house three hours before the start and got there with three minutes to spare. The 50K then took me 7:25, which is a good hour longer than it's taken me to do PCTR's other 50K courses, but the three-hour warm-up probably explains that. Just for kicks, here's the g-map pedometer map of what turned out to be my very circuitous run to the start.

No, I didn't run home; I bummed a ride back to my bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run