Rwanda

I just got back from a trip to Rwanda last night. I wasn't feeling too hot on Friday, so I left Saturday morning and took a matatu to Kampala. Sunday morning I took a bus to Kigali and had dinner with an Isreali lawyer that I met at my hotel, a Chinese toy packing designer, and a Rwandan staff member from the Genocide Memorial who had translated a session of the traditional gacaca court for the Israeli. Monday I visited the church in Nyamata where 10,000 people were killed and the Genocide Memorial in Kigali. Tuesday I took a bus all the way back to Busia. $80 in visa fees alone plus some long bus rides, but I'm glad I was able to go. I'll mostly just let the pictures of Rwanda speak for themselves.

The work of cleaning the church is not yet finished.

Looking out the window of the museum.

Kigali.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:05 AM

    I also enjoyed the Sachs book, although I was less convinced by his plan. His vision of the effectiveness of the international organizations is completely over the top. The Easterly book is kind of shrill, but he won me over, more or less. (Easterly isn't saying Don't do the big money; he's just arguing about how you should spend it.)

    Thanks for the Rwanda pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run