Carson-Iceberg Wilderness

Didn't manage to get out of town on Friday, since I was exhausted after my first week of teaching and writing an RFP at work, so it turned into an overnighter to Carson-Iceberg Wilderness. Saturday wasn't amazing, as Lake Alpine is crowded and the trails near there were either non-existent or just hard to figure out near the campgrounds. I headed south past Duck Lake, Rock Lake, and over to Elephant Rock Lake and back, a burn made navigation difficult, but the lakes were pretty. Just wasn't really feeling it--hadn't fully recovered from the race last week, and didn't eat enough breakfast or lunch before starting the run, so it turned into more of a hike.
Rock Lake

Exiting


Dardanelles off to the south, I think

Duck Lake


Looking south from Cape Horn, on HWY 4.

Same

Sunday was better. Drove further east to Highland Lakes, which are really pretty. Not at all crowded, and I picked a decent 21-mile loop. George saw his first bear, but not until after I grabbed his collar, so he didn't get to chase it.

Highland Lakes

Hiram Peak from Highland Lakes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run