Other People Have Done Cool Things Recently

Jez Bragg ran the Te Araroa trail across New Zealand in 53 days. [irunfar article]

Anton Krupicka aborted his attempt at Nolan's 14 early. [UD blog]

My girlfriend started the JMT today. Another buddy finished his third time. Heather (Anish) is currently doing quite well on her PCT speed record attempt. [Her fb site]

Meanwhile, I'm doing research, my knee hurts so I couldn't run further than 3 miles this morning, and it's really hot and humid out. Since gf is moving to Florida I read a Carl Hiaasen mystery novel, Double Whammy. People, including Dave Davies [Fresh Air interview], seem to think he's outrageous and hilarious. He's got a nice liberal environmentalist satire thing going, but it's still just empty calories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run