Adirondacks, Long Trail

I got my car back. My buddy got it registered for me in California--their DMV admitted they'd made a mistake and should have already done that, or given me the title, or something. It's weird. Anyway, I'm out $700 and my insurance will be more expensive for the next 7 years, but I got my car back.  I went to a family thing near Buffalo, then drove east to the Adirondacks. George and I camped a night there, then we continued east to Rutland, Vermont, where I stayed a few days with a friend and worked from the public library. Then I walked out of her place and headed north on the AT/LT. (Yes, my friend lives basically on the trail--mile 84 of the trail in Vermont.) I managed 3.5 days before the rain, snow, overnight lows of 20 degrees, and lack of foliage got to me. North was the wrong direction to be headed for leaves, so I'm headed south to the Catskills today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run