Fascinating

It isn't often that I learn about academic econ articles from the Grist blog, but apparently coal generates 0.8 to 5.6 times as much negative externalities as it does actual productive economic activity. http://www.aeaweb.org/articles.php?doi=10.1257/aer.101.5.1649

I spent a lot of money on motorcycle safety gear and went to Amicalola Falls State Park to hike the 8-mile long approach to the Appalachian Trail over the weekend. Awesome weekend, and the memories it brought back of the hike (and lifelong trajectory) I started nine and a half years ago were wonderful. Photos soon. I'm now an employee of Emory University, and I'm headed to UNC for a water conference tomorrow. Back to Kenya Thursday.

Comments

  1. McCandless went there. Now you're working for them. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run