Breathing

Presented today. I think it went well. You know it's going horribly if nobody bothers to make comments, and I was worried about that at the start, but I realized that was just the part where I was talking about non-economicsy background stuff ("Here's how you join the military"). It got lively with lots of comments when I actually started showing results, and the faculty was dropping knowledge bombs all around. And the suggestions are stuff I can actually do, so that's cool.

I was exhausted, so I'm spending the rest of the day buying groceries, doing my laundry, fixing some bike spokes, and maybe watching Carrie or reading Harvey Pekar's adaption of Studs Terkel's Working. (And talking to a guy at RAND about the control functions approach to eliminating omitted variable bias.) The only problem is, I bought the freewheel removal tool (the Suntour 2-prong model) but I've only got an 8-inch crescent wrench which is not giving me enough leverage. At the community workshop they've got a huge wrench with a hex-slot in it, perhaps explicitly for this purpose, but they don't sell them at Missing Link and the guy there said he just uses a crescent wrench anyway. So it's off to the hardware store to buy a big-ass crescent wrench, I suppose.

Comments

  1. You go girl!!

    (That's the second time in five minutes that I've used that comment. Heather Royer is doing the Hawaii Ironman tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey G- Lots of people put the freewheel key upside down in a vise and turn the rim. Glad to hear school is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run