LDS Church in Kenya, Crickets

I took a couple-three matatus for a couple-three hours to attend LDS
church today. I don't know why I should be surprised by this, but the
music totally sucked ass. Every song was a funeral dirge. That's par
for the course in America, but having heard all the Pentacostal church
choirs in Busia, I set my expectations too high. Also, the meetings,
the lesson manuals, the Bible and Book of Mormon, and everything else
was in English, which I thought was lame. With
Pentacostal/Evangelical churches so big around here, I guess we
wouldn't want people getting excited about the gospel or singing
half-way decent :)

A lady offered me some crickets for lunch. I had just bought a bunch
of bananas, so I guess crickets'll have to wait till next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Adze Picket Co. (I Love the PCT)

The 50th Year of Trying to Hold the Western States Endurance Run